Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Skipper's Challenge: Push

Here's what you'll need:


Prowler x 1

Expanse of space that can be scratched up x 1

Minutes x 15




Take the Prowler and load it up with some weights (I'm pretty weak, so I only loaded it with 280 pounds). Start the timer. Push it to the end of the expanse, turn it around, push it back. Repeat until you're out of minutes.

This exercise is pretty surprising. On the way out, you think, "this is easy." On the way back, you think, "I really ought to add more weight." When you stop after your first "rep" (there and back), you think, "huff puff huff puff . . . Nah, this weight is good."

It'll sneak up on you, but it's a fun way to get some cardio/resistance training in.

Go out there and, as Salt 'n Peppa says, Push It!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome challenge, awesome blog. Can't wait to try this out!

    Why was I not following you?! Weird. Okay, I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete