Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Danielle's Daily Challenge 3/28/11


My daily challenge yesterday consisted of the following:

5 minutes of Burpees (completed 25)
5 minutes of Swings (25lb weight - completed 88)
30 inverted rows (completed in 4:11)
5 minutes of jump rope

This may not sound like too difficult of a challenge, but trust me, you heart will be pounding and your lungs on overdrive :)

When doing the Burpees, I really tried to push through and not take too many rests. If I did have to rest, then I marched in place with high knees so as to not stop moving. For those of you that are not familiar with Burpees, below is a picture showing the movements: from a standing position, squat down, jump back with both feet landing on your toes, hands on the ground underneath your shoulders, complete one push-up, jump forward, and then jump high up in the air; repeat.


I eeked out 25 reps of this brutal bodyweight exercise and I definitely felt it in my shoulders, abs, and quads later on.

The second exercise I completed was weighted swings. This will not only work your posterior chain, but also your grip. I used a 25 lb circular weight to swing with keeping my back straight and taut. I swung the weight back through my legs, lowering my quads and butt when going in between my legs and then thrusting my hips forward and squeezing my gluts when swinging the weight up and in front of my chest. Remember to keep your shoulders up, back, and down and your back straight and taut.


Next, do 30 inverted rows. You will want to bring your chest up and try not to use your legs for assistance. If you feel like you can do more, then have at it!


Last, but not least, time to be a kid again and bust out the jump rope. Have at it for the full 5 minutes. Set a stop watch or count down timer and take it outside if it is nice enough!


On my bucket list and my ultimate favourite form of jumping rope:

No comments:

Post a Comment